Wikimania 2023 dates announced

Mark your calendars! Singapore is calling. Wikimania 2023 will run from 16-19 August, in person and online.

This edition’s theme is: “Diversity. Collaboration. Future.”

Diversity. Wikimania will be an opportunity to showcase ESEAP (Wikimedians of East, South East Asia and the Pacific) as an example of inclusion: different volunteer groups, individuals, and affiliates, at different stages of development, different cultures but closely involved in an equitable way. 

Collaboration. As a distributed growth mechanism, Wikimania will be a way to learn and share new knowledge like wiki-tool usage, organizing events / online campaigns, solving Wiki-related problems and much more.

Future. Wikimania is also significant to many Wikimedians as Wikimania 2023 will also be a forum to discuss implementing the Wikimedia Movement Strategy (#Wikimedia2030) and discuss other future-thinking topics.

The days look tentatively like this:

August 15, Tuesday: Pre-conference (optional day). Trainings, self-organized meetings, casual meet-ups, other activities

August 16, Wednesday: Trainings, self-organized meetings, casual meet-ups, other activities. Opening plenary in the evening

August 17, Thursday: CORE CONFERENCE

August 18, Friday: CORE CONFERENCE

August 19, Saturday: CORE CONFERENCE. Closing plenary in the evening

August 20, Sunday: Post-conference (optional day). Culture and heritage activities, other activities

Scholarships and program submissions are opening in January, so start thinking about this edition’s theme and how your work contributes to it.

Have questions? Write to the Core Organizing Team at wikimania@wikimedia.org.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/11/29/wikimania-2023-dates-announced/
5 Likes

Wonderful! Couldn’t participate in the last Wikimania properly, will surely participate this time!
@ShahajadaSJ7, @H.A.Prionto, check this out!

4 Likes

@Ifteebd10 surely I am also eager to attend this time. Previously i was unable to attend but this tike will surely do it. I also registered as a volunteer :slight_smile: . If you didi it would be great will work together.

2 Likes

@Ifteebd10 It seems very interesting!!

2 Likes