Updates from the Communities - weekly newsletter

Happy Monday everyone,

I hope you are having a good start to the week. It was a busy week so get a nice cup of tea and start your week with some reading :eyeglasses:!

Articles, Publications, etc.:

Videos and Podcasts:

Things to participate in:

From the WMF:

From the Communities:

This week I learned about the Ojibwe religion which is the traditional Native American religion of the Ojibwe people and dates back to about 1200 CE. It has, at its core, powerful supernatural beings called the manitouk.

You are done for today! Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Have a lovely week,

Julia

Hi all,

It is Monday and I hope you all had a good weekend enjoying yourselves! Get yourself a nice hot drink :teapot: and enjoy taking a trip to what our communities did in the last week.

Podcasts and Videos:

From the WMF:

From the Communities:

This week I learned about another Native American religion, the Lakota religion, which has the concept of wakʽą, an energy or power permeating the universe, at its center. Read up on it and enjoy the beautiful artwork!

Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments. Have a lovely week.

Best,

Julia

Hello everyone,

Welcome to your start of the week with lots of great community news! I will be off on holiday next week so your next update will be earlish in week 13 :smiley:. Get yourself a nice warm drink and catch up with things. It is international women’s month so there are plenty of events focused on closing the gender gap :female_sign::muscle:.

Podcasts and Videos:

From the WMF:

From the Communities:

This week I do not have a favorite article but many favorite articles! Check out this amazing list of Lucy Moore who set herself the challenge of writing biographies for women from each of the world’s countries! :female_sign::tada:

You are done for today! Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Have a good week and see you in 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Julia

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Happy Tuesday :partying_face:. Hope you all had a good week last week and are ready to catch up once more with news from our communities. Quick additional note, next Monday is Easter Monday where I live, so your next update will be on Tuesday.

Videos and Podcasts:

From the WMF:

From the Board:

From the Communities:

My favorite article is about the first British woman officer to land in occupied Europe after D-Day, Margot Marshall :medal_military::female_sign:.

All done for today! Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Cheers,

Julia

Hi everyone,

It was a long weekend here and super sunny, so lots of walking on the seaside for me :sunny:. Start off your Tuesday by catching up with what our communities did over the last weeks. Enjoy!

Podcasts and Videos:

From the WMF:

From the Communities:

This week I learned about Calamophyton, an extinct genus of a tree-size plant :deciduous_tree:. A whole fossilized forest of them was found in Somerset, UK :deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree:!

All done for today! Thank you for reading and let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Enjoy your week,

Julia

I feel that this process and the resulting community effects have barely been truly looked at or discussed.

link to this article, just for clarity.

1 Like

higly useful video!!

1 Like

Hi all,

After I was happily proclaiming spring last week, Finish weather said no and we are back to ice and snow :snowman_with_snow:. So hot tea for me. Get yourself a nice warm drink too and start the week with catching up on Communities news. Enjoy! :sunflower:

Articles, publications, etc.:

Podcasts and Videos:

From the WMF:

From the Communities:

Moving on to my favorite new article of last week. I learned about Railroad land grants in the United States :steam_locomotive:.

You are all done for today. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Have a good week.

Cheers,

Julia

1 Like

Happy Monday everyone,

Hope you are having a great start to your week :cherry_blossom:! Enjoy the update and have a good week!

Podcasts and Videos:

From the WMF:

From the Communities:

My favorite article of the week took me to an extraordinary dinner set, the Tafelservice für berühmte Frauen (Famous Women Dinner Service) :female_sign::plate_with_cutlery: which has plates for female authors, queens, beauties, actresses, and dancers as well as the two artists who created the dinner service in the 1930s.

All finished for today! Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or feedback.

Have a good week.

Cheers,

Julia

1 Like

Happy Tuesday everyone,

Start off with a nice cup of tea and learn about all the cool things our communities have been doing.

Podcasts and Videos:

From the WMF:

From the Communities:

Last week saw a fire destroying the historic stock exchange building in Copenhagen :disappointed_relieved:, so I took some time to explore all the other industrial building gems that Copenhagen has :factory:.

This is it for this week. Have a great week everyone and let me know if there is any feedback, comments, or questions.

Cheers,

Julia

1 Like