Movement Charter Drafting Committee's casual updates

Hi everyone,

Here comes casual updates from the Communications subcommittee with regards to the upcoming conferences and the past events. You are welcome to share your feedback and interact with the members of the MCDC attending these conferences.

Upcoming conferences with MCDC members attending in October/November:

• WikiArabia (28 - 30 October): Anass, Ravan, Reda will facilitate a discussion about the Movement Charter. Additional sessions include a conversation about the roles & responsibilities, and a conversation about hubs.
  • WikiIndaba (4 - 6 November): Anass will present a Movement Charter update.
  • WikiCon francophone (17 - 20 November): Anass, Georges and Reda will present a Movement Charter session.
  • WikiConNL (19 November): Ciell will present a Movement Charter update.

Past events:

7 Likes

Looking forward to meet @Anass at WikiIndaba for his presentation.

4 Likes

I hope you enjoyed the conversations in Dubai, and found them helpful and informative!!

2 Likes

Casual updates from the Communications subcommittee:

The Movement Charter Drafting Committees’ members participated in the first “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” session focused on the Asia-Pacific region.

The recordings of the presentation of this session is now accessible in Japanese and Mandarin on Commons. Should you have any questions about the presentation, feel free to ask them on this topic in any language.

The next two “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” sessions will take place this Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 15.00-16.30 UTC. Language interpretation will be provided, please join and learn more about the Movement Charter.

• Join the “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” session for MENA/Sub Saharan Africa and Europe here

• Join the “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” session for the Americas and Western Europe here

Casual updates from the 13 November MCDC meeting

The MCDC met for their regular biweekly meeting. In the first half of the meeting, the Committee resolved several topics regarding attendance in upcoming convenings in an executive session. The Committee then invited Claudia Garád to present about the state of Hubs initiatives in Europe and several ideas surrounding its development, followed by a question and answer portion. In the second half of the meeting, the Committee was joined by Chuck Roslof, the Wikimedia Foundation’s lead counsel, to discuss several outstanding points regarding the legal review of the Preamble and Values & Principles chapter drafts. Concluding the meeting, the Committee members discussed several action points from the last meeting and housekeeping details.

1 Like

November 24, 2022
Communications sub committee casual updates:

The first regional community conversation hour focused on Northern and Western Europe to collect feedback on the draft sections of the Movement Charter was held on November 20, 2022. During the meeting, participants had the opportunity to share their opinions on the draft content in breakout rooms. You can watch the recording of the summaries of breakout discussions here.

Upcoming regional meetings for this week:

• November 25 at 17.00-18.30 UTC – Sub-Saharan Africa region, with interpretation available in French.
  • November 26 at 15.00-16.30 UTC – CEE and CA region focused, with interpretation available in Russian and Polish.

Please find more details here.