How to translate the forum interface

Hi,

If you notice that your language translations are incomplete, or your language is missing in the interface, you help fix it. All the translations are done on Crowdin, the platform used to contribute translations on Discourse.

How to contribute?

1. Go to the Discourse instance of Crowdin platform

2. Create an account there or login if you already have one

1. On the dashboard, search for your language name in the list and click on it

1. Click on the “Translate All” button and then start translating

Note: Discourse weekly merges translations, so your work will be visible once merged

In case you don’t find your language in the list on Crowdin dashboard, please reply here with your language name, then we can submit it, and it will be available in the Crowdin interface for you to start translating following the same process as above

For any other questions related to this topic, please reply here.

8 Likes

Hi! I didnʼt find Uzbek language in the list.

2 Likes

Salomlar, ha O’zbek tili boshqa Markaziy Osiyo tillari qatori hali mavjud emas. Ammo Crowdin yordamida interfeys tillarini tarjima qilish mumkin. Yuqoridagi matn buni qanday qilib bosqichma-bosqich amalga oshirish mumkinligini ko’rsatadi. Rahmat!

4 Likes

Could you also add Kyrgyz, Tajik and Turkmen please? @Malikxan please never mind the previous note I left, I was excited to respond in Uzbek :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just checking, does anyone have plans to start translating in these languages? What I mean is, let’s ask the Discourse maintainers to create new languages whenever there are people ready to start translating them.

4 Likes

Lí-hó, good day! I am ready to help translating in Tâi-gí (nan/zh-nan). It will be great if you can help ask for the creation of the language. Thank you!

4 Likes

@Malikxan a request had been submitted to Discourse to add it to the translation platform.
Will let you know once it is available there.
Thanks

3 Likes

@Tochiprecious, this is a great opportunity to have Igbo language. Will you be able to commit to translating the interface once it is supported? :slight_smile: :wink:

@Em-mustapha, I’m pinging you too for Hausa :smiley:

2 Likes

@MPossoupe_WMF, do you may be have an idea of the size of the needed translation?

1 Like

Of course I’m definitely available. I could share with my community too.

6 Likes

Sure! I will.

4 Likes

@SOyeyele_WMF @Em-mustapha @Tochiprecious
There are about 148 messages to start. Around 50K messages in total to be translated. We have made the request to have Igbo and Hausa available for translation too. Will let you know once there.
Thanks you all

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

Thanks so much! )

1 Like

Wow, you wrote in Uzbek without any mistakes! :smiley:

Hi @Tochiprecious @SOyeyele_WMF @Malikxan @Em-mustapha,
Hausa, Yoruba, Uzbek and Igbo are all available on the translation platform now.

You can start translating
Thanks

6 Likes

Thank you so much

This is exciting! Could you also add Kyrgyz as well, please? For now I do not have people willing to translate into other languages I suggested earlier, but hopefully we will have someone volunteering in the future. Thank you.

2 Likes

Dear Lord, Serbian translation is an absolute mess, but the same goes for every Serbo-Croatian variety.

1 Like

Thanks for making this available!