Make new "List of articles every Wikipedia should have"

I think the “list below” is very English-centric.
When it comes to science and medicine, you need to share the best articles in any language.

But what about cultural or historical issues? I think there are important articles and things for people who do not speak English. For example, for food, folklore, or anything great in your culture.

Want to make a list of important articles for non-English speakers?

「以下のリスト」は非常に英語中心だと思います。
科学と医学に関しては、どの言語でも最高の記事を共有する必要があります。

しかし、文化的または歴史的な問題はどうですか? 英語を話さない人にも重要な記事や事柄があると思います。 たとえば、食べ物、民俗学、またはあなたの文化で素晴らしいすべてのもののために。

英語以外のスピーカーのための重要な記事のリストを作ってみませんか?
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of_articles_every_Wikipedia_should_have

4 Likes

日本から。いくつか記事が入っているのはとても嬉しいです。
ただ、葛飾北斎、禅、芭蕉といった人や事柄は、西洋人が高く評価したものです。日本文学においては、芭蕉より藤原定家のほうが重要です。彼は源氏物語をはじめ、たくさんの物語を筆写して残しました。

3 Likes

نعم، يُمكننا طرح هذا السؤال، من حَدد هذه القائمة؟ ما هي معاييرها؟ رغم وجود بعض النقاشات في صفحة النقاش (كلها بالإنجليزية) لكن عدد المشاركين فيها يُعد على أصابع اليد.

2 Likes

You can also make specific lists for regions or topic areas. For example, this list for Sweden: User:Kristo/100 articles about Sweden - Meta

4 Likes

5,6人でリストを決めているのを見ました。ウィキペディアの影響は大きくなっています。とても恐ろしいことです。

1 Like

教えてくれてありがとうございます!

If possible, I want you to write it comfortably. From Africa, from Asia …

できれば、他の国の人も気楽に書いて欲しい :grinning:

1 Like

Health and medicine

私は、「公衆衛生」があると良いと思います。
手洗い、うがい、清潔な水、清潔なトイレ、これらは病気を防ぐためにとても重要です。

1 Like

@Kizhiya Nice meeting you! :grinning: I want to share with you that I have started a discussion on Impactful topics and content gaps in the ESEAP context. :slightly_smiling_face: If you are interested, would love to learn more about your thoughts for sure!

4 Likes

@VChang_WMF 初めまして。誘ってくれてありがとうございます! :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe we should not have the same list. Maybe we should have advice on how to make a list that is relevant to each culture.

For example, the old list says:

Bird

1. Chicken
  2. Pigeons and doves

Maybe the new list should say:

Bird

1. A bird that is commonly used for food in your culture
  2. A type of bird that is commonly seen or important in your culture

Perhaps many Wikipedias would choose chicken or duck for the first item. For the second item, the Chinese-language Wikipedia might choose the crane as a culturally significant bird, and the Hindi-language Wikipedia might choose the peacock, and the Icelandic-language Wikipedia might choose falcons.

I think this model would work for lists of people. Do not say “Write about these five authors”. Instead, say “Write about the most famous poet in your language, the most famous playwright in your language, an author from 1,000+ years ago…”

2 Likes