Informal language variants

At least in Hungarian, the interface is written formally (see T–V distinction if you are not familiar with the concept), which is a bit jarring. Apparently formal/informal variants are not well supported in Discourse (see upstream topic but at least for German there is a plugin. Would be great to be able to adjust this for the affected languages.

1 Like

This is something that needs to be sorted out upstream. They also depend on what the Crowdin platform allows. @Tgr, I have added a comment after yours on that topic upstream. I hope it helps.

@Tgr Meanwhile, if it helps, maybe you can propose here just to move to the informal register? Hungarian Translation - translations - Discourse Meta

1 Like

I asked the current Hungarian translator, he is not interested in changing the Hungarian localization to an informal tone. I’ll see if it’s possible to create a new pseudo-language in Crowdin, otherwise I guess a plugin is the way to go.

この問題は、少なくとも、中国語・韓国語・日本語で重要です。日本語コミュニティで機械翻訳が嫌われる原因の1つです。私は、個人的には、このForumのような場では、このデメリットより、メリットがはるかに上回っていると思います。私は少数派です。しかしファシリテーターとして、多数派を尊重しています。

1 Like