I would like to serve as a general moderator!

Hi all,

I would also like to submit my candidacy to become a general moderator for the Forum.

I find this forum very useful and would like to help make it more welcoming for all.

As the Movement Strategy and Governance facilitator for the Sub-Saharan Africa region, my passion to support communities, especially in my region, to participate in the implementation of the Movement Strategy keeps growing. And to be able to better support my community, I need to be well informed about the Movement Strategy and the various initiatives being implemented. With this forum, I am able to easily follow the discussions around the various initiatives. With the automatic translation feature, I am able to read and learn from discussions happening in other languages and regions, and this is awesome!

As a co-lead for the working group that is managing the activities and outreach work around the Forum, I believe having the moderator rights will give me the needed access to enable me to be more useful to the existing users and potential users.

I agree to follow Universal Code of Conduct as a moderator in this forum.
And I also agree to act in coordination with the other moderators. Together, we’ll make this place more inclusive and more welcoming!

Thanks for giving my submission the needed attention.

Candidacy status

This section is added by the administrators to check the criteria of this candidacy according to the process.

These criteria are reviewed by the forum administrators after two weeks of community review (October 21 or later).

• :white_check_mark: Be a Member .
  • :white_check_mark: Read the Guidelines.
  • :white_check_mark: Be Certified and Licensed in Discourse skills.
  • :white_check_mark: Commit to follow and apply the Universal Code of Conduct as a moderator.
  • :white_check_mark: Commit to act in coordination with the other moderators.
  • :white_check_mark: Post a short statement to become a general moderator in the #site-feedback category, introducing yourself and explaining briefly your motivation to be in this role. Any prior experience moderating or administering similar channels in Wikimedia or elsewhere is welcome. No problem if this is your first time. This is a good role to start moderating.
10 Likes

سؤال أليس من الأفضل التدرج في طلب الصلاحيات

Hi @Nehaoua, I am not sure I understand your question. Could you please explain further what you mean?

1 Like

الاشراف العام أعلى من الاشراف على الفئة

I thought one’s ability to apply for either a category moderator or a general moderator depends on the individual’s availability.

So far, we only have 2 category moderators for one category and 1 general moderator. Instead of choosing to be a moderator for just 1 category, I applied to become a general moderator so I can help to clean and monitor more categories.

6 Likes

اتمنى لك كل التوفيق وشكرا لتطوعك واهتمامك تحياتي

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your interest, @Zuz_WMF
I support your application.
Hope we all together, will be able to make this place better and more focused.
I also hope that this forum will be able to involve more and more new wikimedians in the movement strategy process.
Wishing you all the best!

6 Likes

Thank you so much @Zuz_WMF! I have added a candidacy status section above to check the status of the requirements for this role.

This one should be easy. Just click the link and read the page.

4 Likes

Thanks Quim, I am done reading the guidelines.

2 Likes

Thank you! You are all set.

3 Likes

I fully support your candidacy.

6 Likes

I also support your candidacy. We once worked together and it’s so great working with you. And I believe you will make this forum even more greater!

8 Likes

I dey support your candidacy sake of de passion you get give de Sub-Saharan African region. We dey your back. @Zuz_WMF

4 Likes

The passion and energy you have shown in the past few months have been enormous…not shy of starting a conversation or lending your voice on issues of topical importance to the movement in general.

You have my support!

4 Likes

@Zuz_WMF is now a general moderator of the Movement Strategy Forum (verify). Congratulations! :tada:

She will be joining @Tochiprecious, @NPhan_WMF, and @Qgil-WMF as general moderators. Thank you for joining this little team! We’re excited for her leadership!

The Call for MS Forum Moderators remains open and we welcome more candidates.

10 Likes

Hurraaay @Zuz_WMF :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Congratulations @Zuz_WMF

4 Likes

Congratulations @Zuz_WMF

3 Likes

congratulations, @Zuz_WMF !!
there are total 6 admins and moderators now!
this is superb <3

2 Likes