I would like to serve as a general Moderator

Hello everyone
I saw the Call for MS Forum Moderators and I knew that it’s a good time to be an active member as well as help to improve and clean up the forum as a #General-Moderator.

Although I’m not an Administrator on Wikipedia or any other Wiki project, I’m a founding member of the Igbo Wikimedians User Group and we have various community platforms where I serve as an admin and have been able to gather admin experiences which includes: leading by example, behaving in a respectful, civil manner in interactions with others etc.

I’ve always loved the MS Forum right from inception as it gives you the opportunity to follow topics closely without getting lost or being overwhelmed. And also the fact that it’s multilingual and inclusive.

I agree to follow the Global Code of Conduct as a general moderator of this forum and I agree to work in harmony with the others.

I believe being a moderator of this forum will also help me get better involved in being an advancer of the MS strategy.

I look forward to your considerations.

Candidacy status

This section is added by the administrators to check the criteria of this candidacy according to the process.

These criteria are reviewed by the forum administrators after two weeks of community review (October 14 or later).

• :white_check_mark: Be a Member .
  • :white_check_mark: Read the Guidelines.
  • :white_check_mark: Be Certified and Licensed in Discourse skills.
  • :white_check_mark: Commit to follow and apply the Universal Code of Conduct as a moderator.
  • :white_check_mark: Commit to act in coordination with the other moderators.
  • :white_check_mark: Post a short statement to become a category moderator in the same category, introducing yourself and explaining briefly what is your motivation to be in this role. Any prior experience moderating or administering similar channels in Wikimedia or elsewhere is welcome. No problem if this is your first time. This is a good role to start moderating.
6 Likes

Thank you so much @Tochiprecious! You are the first person going through the Movement Strategy Forum moderation and administration process as a general moderator candidate. :slight_smile: We are defining this process as we go, please be a bit patient with the admins.

I have added a candidacy status section above to check the status of the requirements for this role.

This one should be easy. Just click the link and read the page.

You can solve this by sending a private message to @discobot with the text @discobot start tutorial. Once you complete the basic tutorial you should receive an automatic invitation to start the advanced tutorial.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll take the tutorial.

Done.

Thank you! Your candidacy is all set.

2 Likes

Congratulations! @Tochiprecious :clap:

1 Like

Thank you Zita😊

@Tochiprecious is now a general moderator of the Movement Strategy Forum (verify). Congratulations! :tada:

She is the first volunteer in this role. @NPhan_WMF and @Qgil-WMF are covering general moderator tasks since the Forum was created in April. A third person in the team not affiliated with the Foundation will make moderation work simpler for each of us and more reliable. Thank you for joining this little team!

The Call for MS Forum Moderators remains open and we welcome more candidates.

3 Likes

Congratulations @Tochiprecious

1 Like

Yaassss!!! Thank you so much! I’m happy to be a part of the team and also happy to help make things better. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Congratulations, @Tochiprecious!

1 Like

Thank you so much.

Congratulations @Tochiprecious

2 Likes

Congratulations, @Tochiprecious! <3
The tiny shield on your your profile is looking really awesome :grinning:

1 Like

I anticipate serving as a general moderator in the future. I consider the MS Forums to be a highly-valuable resource for the entire Wikipedia community. I would like to assist in promoting these forums, and in facilitating their use as a highly active and widely-known resource for the entire community.

currently, I don’t feel it is the right time for me to step into a formal moderator role. I am engaged in actively debating and discussing some alternate ideas and methods to govern the overall direction of the Movement Strategy teams and efforts. once we work together through these debates, and achieve some consensus, I can picture serving in a moderator role at some point in the future.

In short, I support the work of the Movement Strategy team, and I support the widespread promotion of the MS Forums as a useful and visible resource, for the whole community. I would like to wait some period of time before taking any such role, to show my respect for a) the overall process, b) the current debates still wending their way towards some type of resolution, c) the commendable efforts by our existing active moderators, and their great role in setting up this resource; d) the need for me to learn about and become familiar with the parameters for the role of moderator, before I commit to this role and responsibility.

Again, I highly value the great efforts of our existing moderators, who have truly provided a vital service, in creating this resource, which I believe is very valuable to our whole community. thanks!!

4 Likes

Haha! Thank you. I love it too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.