Forum interface available in Igbo language

I love the multilingual forum idea. It’s a great one. High five to the team!
Although the automatic translation works perfectly well in Igbo, it would be more awesome to have the interface translation also available in Igbo.
I don’t know if it works for any other African language too but if it does for yours, it would be good to know.

8 Likes

Ọgbakọ a mara ezigbo mma. Ọ kachasị na e nwere m ike ịgụ ihe onye ọ bụla dere n’asụsụ Igbo. Mana ọ ga-akachasi mma ma ọ bụrụ na asụsụ interface ya ga-adikwa n’Igbo.
Unu jisie ike!

6 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Quality of Swahili’s Forum interface

@Bobbyshabangu I am wondering if the interface is available in Zulu or any of the South African languages.

2 Likes

I will support @Tochiprecious in translating igbo please can you create the interface.thank you

2 Likes

Thank you @Akwugo I’ve started the translation already and I can share the link with you on WhatsApp too.

2 Likes

https://discourse.crowdin.com/discourse/ig
You can follow this link to translate.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

@MPossoupe_WMF (or anyone familiar with Discourse translations) there are a lot of files to translate but only a few are really important, right? Can you guide the Igbo translators into the best place to start, please?

イボ語が読めます、嬉しいです!

1 Like

I know right? :smile:

Right! The most important messages are in the “client.yml” file, located under the “tests-passed” folder. That is already the file opened by default when one click on the “Translate all” button, as it is the first file in the folder.

Ping: @Tochiprecious @Akwugo

3 Likes

Nke a dị mma kama na ntụgharị dị ebe a adabachaghị nke ọma

I will be helping out in the Igbo Translation

2 Likes

You’re right. That’s where I started the translations from.

3 Likes

Good one there @Tochiprecious , just seeing this. I would be trying this as well in translating to Yorùbá language. I believe it will work well for other African languages since it is multilingual attractive.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Nice, well-done.