West Africa Hub Research Updates

This space will be used to share thoughts and updates about the ongoing West Africa Hub Research that is being embarked by the @Mwintirew @Amoaniwaa @Leticia_Boateng @Sunkanmi12 @Kinvidia

13 Likes

This is a really great start!
Do you have thoughts to share just yet?

Hello @YPam_WMF,

We are at the final stages of drafting our questionnaire for the survey. We have, however, sent a circular to the African Wikimedians Telegram group pages. I am resharing the circular here as a way of creating awareness.

Dear African-Wikimedians Network,

The Wikimedians of Twi Language community seeks to embark on a research project to advance the initiative 25 of the Movement Strategy Recommendations on Regional and Thematic Hubs by surfacing the needs and priorities of Wikimedians across the West Africa region. The project will be exploring ways that a hub structure might address any existing gaps and contribute to ongoing conversations highlighting the priorities of the West Africa Region.

We are excited to inform you that the 1st phase of the project has begun and surveys will be sent soon. The survey is currently in 2 languages (English and French) and your response will help us better align and contribute to discussions on initiative 25.

We will be conducting a pretest of the questionnaire with some communities in Ghana tomorrow(July 25, 2022) .

We are looking forward to having all interested Wikimedians in the region participate.

2 Likes

I would like to request that my previous comment above be restored, please. I appreciate your kind assistance.

[you can delete this comment if and when this is rectified.]

(By the way, if the comment above is already restored, feel free to clarify that. for some reason, the system is not allowing me to view my own comment. thanks.)
@Qgil-WMF , @NPhan_WMF @YPam_WMF . thanks. @Kinvidia , @Mwintirew

Dear African-Wikimedians Network,

The Wikimedians of Twi Language User Group is happy to announce the completion of a research project to advance Initiative 25 of the Movement Strategy Recommendations on Regional and Thematic Hubs by surfacing the needs and priorities of Wikimedians across the West Africa region.
The project’s goal was to investigate how a hub structure could address any existing gaps and contribute to ongoing conversations highlighting West Africa’s priorities.

We are excited to inform you that a comprehensive draft implementation plan with findings from this project is available and can be accessed here:

We would love to hear your thoughts about the report!

7 Likes

Olá @Amoaniwaa @Mwintirew :slight_smile:

Conforme conversamos hoje durante a nossa chamada de aprendizagem e acompanhamento, centrada nos resultados do projeto de vocês - Hub Research in West Africa - , seguem as sugestões de wikimedistas falantes do Português que estão desenvolvendo algum projeto ou têm conexões com as comunidades de Cabo Verde e Guiné Bissau:

Direi a essas pessoas que vocês possivelmente entrarão em contato em algum momento. Qualquer dúvida ou apoio que seja necessário, é só chamar a gente por aqui! Estamos à disposição de vocês :nerd_face: (cc: @YPam_WMF and @Zuz_WMF).

6 Likes

Hello @TCappelletto_WMF,

We appreciate the quick turnaround and the connections shared to help us continue discussions with communities in the region on this project. We will be reaching out soon to Waldir Pimenta, Rute Correia and Adélio Aleluia Lopes to assist us in building networks with the Lusophone communities in the region and also get them involved in the project, provided they are interested.

cc: @Mwintirew, @Sunkanmi12 and @Kinvidia

4 Likes

Amazing, @Amoaniwaa! They all have just replied to my message saying that they are looking forward to chatting with you and your team. TY!