Suggestion for new group effort, to promote governance discussion, or committee or wikiproject

I really appreciate throwing this out here for all of us to mull over together. I’m a newcomer to WMF and in a newly created community-facing role…and I really struggle with determining when to cross-post on which forums. I’m quite drawn to your idea of a new wikiproject called something like “Community Facilitation.” However, we would need to determine how it exists alongside other efforts that are meant to centralize community-facing notices (like the Diff calendar, or this forum). Another question for me would be: who is responsible for posting all the relevant information - how do we prevent it becoming just another site that I need to copy&paste information to because I need to make sure I’m hitting as many people as possible across all the different spaces, platforms, sites that diverse groups use?

I’m aware I’m asking more questions than I am providing answers, but these are my initial musings. Thanks again for kicking this off.

1 Like