日本語スピーカー Japanese editors wanted: New design for Talk Pages

I ask Japanese speakers to please look at Talk pages project/Usability/Prototype/ja - MediaWiki

The Editing team suggests changes to some pages. I want to know what you think. You can see the new ideas here:

Are they useful? Are they pretty? Do you like them? Do they need to be improved?

3 Likes

I see the following just below the top tabs:
* User talk:アリス[line break] Latest comment: 18 days ago by キャロル in topic ロゴの投票
That looks cool to me: One thing, and inevitably there is a line break/to display, which is not wikitexted, but, because I enlarge texts to 150% on FireFox browser to relax my eyesl

Do you think you can accomodate such use cases as well? As you see, any {{div col}}type of arranging things in columns does not work in such a ‘‘high’’ rate of magnifying (I hate magnify grass functionality as I loose sense of space.) –fixed for readability

1 Like

記事のトークページに、機械翻訳(MT)を導入するという意味ですか? 既定にしないでください。便利そうに見えて、日本語はMTと相性が悪いのです。投稿者は真剣でも、MTのせいで酷い日本語になると、からかわれたか、馬鹿にされた気分になります。
でも、もしMTボタンがあったら、どうしても読みたい投稿の時は押してしまうかも。それでも日本語同様、MTと相性の悪い言語だと、意思疎通どころか、間違った文脈を読まされることになり、喧嘩になりませんか。

For [https://patchdemo.wmflabs.org/wikis/300e52d41c/wiki/Talk:%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A8%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF?uselang=ja&useskin=vector-2022 Article talk page]: is it default that Machine Translation (MT) is activated? Those outputs rather reads silly… I mean, the current MT algorithm does very poor job if ja is in the language pair. Fake natural language which, IMHO makes any serious input look like joke/teasing/harassing. I don’t recc applying machine translation as default, or how do we guarantee Friendly space polilcy, if your input is twisted and reads as personal attack?

That said, however, if there be a switch you tap on in case you are so curious what the poster wants to tell you, OK, then I will be tempted to tap on it. But still, such language not quite fit to MT, as Arabic/Russian/Indonesian or any, I woulld hesitate to tap on the MT button. Crossing my fingers that posters will try out writing in en, even though it will be their second/third language…

2022年9月2日(金) 10:16 Whatamidoing_WMF via Movement Strategy Forum <notifications@wikimedia.discoursemail.com>:

文章の語順が間違っています。

:ng: 最新のコメント: トピックロゴの投票 の キャロル によって書かれた 20 日前
:ok: 最新のコメント: キャロル によるトピック「ロゴの投票」 20 日前

:ng: 最後のコメント: 3 か月前 3 コメント 2 議論に参加している人
:ok: コメント数: 3 議論に参加している人数: 2 最後のコメント: 3 か月前

アイコンがある方が親しみやすいです。

それぞれのトピックに「コメント数」「参加人数」「最終更新日」を掲載するのは、可読性にかけ、やり過ぎだと思います。
やるなら「情報」というアイコンを作成して、マウスオーバーでそれらの情報を表示するぐらいでよいのではないでしょうか。

1 Like

FYI: mw:Talk pages project/Mobile ご参照ください。機械翻訳によるUIラベルの語順の不具合について。モバイル版の改善試用版で報告され、ファブリケータに立項したようです。

2022年9月5日(月) 9:58 Afaz via Movement Strategy Forum <notifications@wikimedia.discoursemail.com>: