The draft section discussed here:
This is a suggested template for documenting your plan. Make sure your plan covers these questions.
Why? What? How? WHY? - GOAL
Goal – What will the hub achieve?
- What existing problems will the hub solve?
- Who will benefit from the hub and how?
- Why is a new hub needed? Why are the current structures not sufficient?
WHAT? - SCOPE
Scope and scale – What services will the hub provide?
- Clear description of the functions of the hub.
- Clear description of the services provided by the hub.
HOW? - SET UP
Set up – How will the hub be set up to effectively achieve its goal
- Description of steps and activities for setting up the hub.
- How will the hub connect to other movement entities (existing Affiliates, project communities, Wikimedia Foundation, other hubs, etc.)?
Governance – What will be the governance structure of the hub?
- List of entities involved.
- Short description of the governance structure (can be an organogram).
Resourcing – What are the human and/or financial resources needed for the hub?
- Provide an estimated budget for the first four quarters, and then a basic financial forecast for the first three years. The point is to identify the main costs and funding sources expected, not to create an exhaustive budget.
- What is your plan for acquiring the funding?
- Human resources
- Who will be running the hub?
- Are these roles filled by volunteers, existing staff or new staff positions?
Off-ramp – How will the project be closed down, if unsuccessful?
- Description of steps and activities for closing down the hub.
Who? WHO? - PEOPLE
Governance – Who will oversee the set up of the hub?
- List of people involved.
- Short description of the role of each person involved.
- Short “movement CV” for each person involved.
Execution (core team) – Who will be coordinating the set up of the hub?
- List of people involved
- Short description of the role of each person involved
- Short CV for each person involved
Community Engagement ACCOUNTABILITY
Public notice – Where can the hub concept be discussed publicly? (link)
Evidence of support – Who is supporting the idea of the hub?
- Proof of needs assessment in the relevant communities.
- Proof of community discussions regarding the idea.
- Direct endorsement on the hub idea or grant page.
Evaluation – How will the progress of the hub be tracked and evaluated? How often?
- What are the criteria of success for the hub pilot? How will this be evaluated? How often?
Public reporting – How will the activities related to the hub be reported?