If you have any questions, please ask.
User preferences related to privacy:
- Under Notifications, there is “Allow other users to send me personal messages”.
- Under Users, there are options to ignore and mute other users and to select specific users that can send you messages.
- Under Interface, there is “Hide my public profile and presence features”.
Forum features and site settings related to privacy:
- Moderators and administrators have access to recent IPs of logged-in users.
- Administrators have access to the email addresses of logged-in users.
- Administrators have access to any non-encrypted communications in the forum, including private messages.
- User profiles and the list of MS Forum users are visible to logged-in users only, not to anonymous users.
- Currently only users with trust level 2 or above can send private messages.
- The Legal and Security teams at the Wikimedia Foundation have done a preliminary review of this forum and they have approved its opening for the community review.
- This forum is hosted by Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc., the company that leads the development of the open-source software Discourse. The server is located in the United States (see their security brief). Please review their information about cookies, and note that this forum does not use Google Analytics.