Craft an effective discussion prompt: Below are a few discussion prompt ideas and example post:
- Create a gallery wall: Ask volunteers to share content related to their unique interests, projects and communities
- Leverage personal experiences
- Bring in the outside world
- Hold a debate
- Use multimedia like pictures, audio, or video to enrich your discussion prompt. For example, you might add a video to your discussion prompt to showcase a leadership challenge.
- This is an example post that used an effective discussion prompt.
Provide engaging content with concise information and clear instructions or call to action: Your content should be about Movement Strategy or advancing the Movement Strategy. It should be relevant and engaging so that it encourages readers to engage and participate in the discussion. Be sure to answer the following questions:
- Who should participate? Is it every volunteer or volunteers from a specific region?
- What is it that you want the readers to do, after reading your post?
- What should volunteers include in their posts?
- This is an example post
Use polls to create surveys: Polls can be used to gather feedback quickly and faster from volunteers. To create a poll, please follow the steps on this page.
Your content should be about Movement Strategy or advancing the Movement Strategy.
Remember: A good post is the first step towards engagement. It should be supported by a facilitation plan!