Sub-saharan Africa Strategic Talk

Happy to hear my community has the highest turnout

2 Likes

Congratulations to them

3 Likes

Wow, congratulations to the Hausa community. Yes, I have voted and my community members are voting as well.

2 Likes

How is your community doing in terms of voting in the Board of Trustees Election?

Meanwhile sw.wikipedia.org with 18 eligible voters has no votes yet

If you haven’t voted you can do so here: SecurePoll - Meta

Yaaaaaaaasssssss!! Congratulations to my community.

1 Like

@Mwintirew @Em-mustapha @RebeccaRwanda1 @Tochiprecious @Kinvidia @Shahadusadik @Owula_kpakpo @Jemima2019 @Ruby_D-Brown @Ndahiro_derrick Do you need hands on support in forming a content partnership in your community? Good news! Wikimedia Sverige has announced the upcoming Helpdesk of the Content Partnerships Hub.

5 Likes

Oh wauu interesting

Hi, I have moved the posts related to IP blocks in editathons to their own topic. Please continue that discussion there:

2 Likes

As we work towards a more inclusive community, I think it is worth highlighting and applauding the work that some community members are doing in this area. Let me begin with @SAgbley’s Sign Language and Wikipedia: Wiki4SDGs Ghana Campaign workshop series. Stella and her team are passionate about promoting inclusion in the Wikipedia community, hence they see the need to organise Wikipedia training workshops for persons with disabilities in the Ghanaian community. Great job! Stella and team. @Timmylegend @RebeccaRwanda @Em-mustapha @DaSupremo @Oby_Ezeilo @CaliBen @Semmy1960 @Tochiprecious @787IYO and everyone, Are there similar initiatives ongoing in your community that you will like to share or highlight here?

3 Likes

@Zuz_WMF I am currently developing the Ghanaian Pidgin in the Incubator with the help of @Xibitgh and @NanaYawBotar as Co-founders.

4 Likes

Wow… this is great… interesting

2 Likes

Dear Sub-Saharan Wikimedians,

The UCoC Revisions Committee has published a revised version of the Enforcement Guidelines. You are invited to give your feedback and comment on this version from September 8, 2022 until October 8, 2022. You may share yours on the Meta Talk page, on the MS Forum, or during the conversation hour.

We will host an Africa time zone-friendly conversation hour on Saturday, 24 September, 15:00 UTC. Live interpretation in Arabic and French will be provided.

Revised version: Universal Code of Conduct/Revised enforcement guidelines - Meta
Comparison of the revised parts: Universal Code of Conduct/Revised enforcement guidelines/Comparison - Meta
Sign-up for the 24 September conversation hour: Universal Code of Conduct/Revised enforcement guidelines/Conversation hours - Meta

I look forward to seeing you there!

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

It’s the time of the year again. We are excited to invite you to join the second Eduwiki Sub-saharan regional meeting. Together with the Wikimedia Education team we will offer you the opportunity to learn about some wonderful projects happening across the continent, learn about new projects, and exciting opportunities.

We want you to be involved in the broader story storytelling and contribution to the growth of the Eduwiki community.

Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 3:00 PM
Time: 15:00 UTC/GMT
Join via Zoom here- Launch Meeting - Zoom

Register/submit a session using this link - https://forms.gle/4d3Hh18qeS3TktAV6

Listen to the latest podcast and learn more about the Eduwiki-Collaborators network - Join us for the Second Sub-Sahara regional meeting (Learn what Eduwiki Collaborators network is all about) by Africa Eduwiki Podcast
Please share and invite members from your communities.

See you soon.:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Mwari muziko wiki indaba izabera mu Rwanda

@Mwintirew @Owula_kpakpo @Kinvidia @Joris_Darlington_Quarshie @DaSupremo @Gilbert_Ndihokubwayo1 @Tochiprecious @Semmy1960 @Kinvidia I am sharing this here again in case you are interested or know someone who might be interested in joining the Ombuds commission and the Case Review Committee.

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

2 Likes

The Ombuds commission (OC) and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for members! Apply or share this opportunity with your community.

1 Like

Dear African Wikimedians, Have people heard about the RfC? What is going to happen if the vote succeeds? Will fundraising ads be blocked from English Wikipedia? How much do we make from English Wikipedia banner fundraising? And should the fundraising take a hit, won’t it affect projects on our continent?

[Wikipedia:Village pump (proposals) - Wikipedia](https://RfC discussion on a ban on English Wikipedia Fundraising banner)

Back story of why https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2022-10-31/News_and_notes

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to identify the language codes in posts

@Tochiprecious @Em-mustapha @Mwintirew @Shahadusadik @Owula_kpakpo @Ruby_D-Brown @CaliBen @Ceslause @Jemima2019 What sound makes you think “knowledge”? If you haven’t yet voted for your favourite sound, you can do so here!