Sub-saharan Africa Strategic Talk

I’m I the only one who enjoyed the laughter meditation session? :laughing:

:tada:Congratulations to the 2022 Wikimedians of the Year! This year’s winners showcase the commitment and creativity of the Wikimedia movement. Get to know them: Celebrating the 2022 Wikimedians of the Year! – Diff

2 Likes

Congratulations :fire:

A Regional or Thematic Hub? Help us decide!
Hello, Wikimedians in West Africa!
You are invited to partake in an ongoing research being organized by the Twi Community by responding to and sharing a survey on Initiative 25: Regional and thematic hubs in West Africa. Your responses will be of the utmost importance to us in conducting this research.
The primary goal of this survey is to help us understand;

1. What African volunteers in West Africa think of hubs?

2. What obstacles these hubs in West Africa can address?

The survey will also help us understand the perspectives of communities in West Africa as well as provide a description of how a hub should be set up.
It takes about 5 minutes to complete the survey. Below is a link to the survey. Thank you for your help.

@Tochiprecious @UWIMPUHWE_Va @Em-mustapha @Joris_Darlington_Quarshie @Ceslause @T_Cells @Din-nani1 @Kwameghana @Owula_kpakpo @Ruby_D-Brown

3 Likes

Thank @Mwintirew I’ve filled out the survey. I’m happy that the Twi community has kick-started the process; thank you. I feel a regional hub will help us collaborate better on capacity building and knowledge etc.

2 Likes

The Global Advocacy team at the Foundation is calling for help to counter disinformation

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

@Tochiprecious, I’m glad you participated in the survey. Thank you for taking the time to do that. Please forward the survey link to other members in your community so they can participate as well. Thank you once again.

1 Like

The 2022 Board of Trustees election community voting has started! (from 23rd August to 6th September). Don’t forget to vote! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Interested in knowing more if a candidate’s position on certain issue is similar to yours? You can try out the election compass and use it as a reference!

2 Likes

Congratulations! to all the Hausa community members for a remarkable turnout of voters so far in the Board election. @Tochiprecious @UWIMPUHWE_Va @Ndahiro_derrick @Timmylegend @Ruby_D-Brown @Mwintirew @Jemima2019 @Ceslause @Din-nani1 @Kinvidia Have you cast your vote in the Board of Trustees election, and have you informed your community members to also vote?

3 Likes

Wow this is so nice. Congratulations to the Hausa community. Yes, I’ve voted and also informed my community members to vote. They’re voting as well.

3 Likes

@Mwintirew all what you have highlighted in the post is very true. Most volunteers do not edit after an event due to reasons best known to them. I also think the introduction of monthly contests and events would help in the increase of edits by new and experienced volunteers. And also provision of data allowances is also a way to motivate them to edit because of high cost of data.

2 Likes

Happy to hear my community has the highest turnout

2 Likes

Congratulations to them

3 Likes

Wow, congratulations to the Hausa community. Yes, I have voted and my community members are voting as well.

2 Likes

How is your community doing in terms of voting in the Board of Trustees Election?

Meanwhile sw.wikipedia.org with 18 eligible voters has no votes yet

If you haven’t voted you can do so here: SecurePoll - Meta

Yaaaaaaaasssssss!! Congratulations to my community.

1 Like

@Mwintirew @Em-mustapha @RebeccaRwanda1 @Tochiprecious @Kinvidia @Shahadusadik @Owula_kpakpo @Jemima2019 @Ruby_D-Brown @Ndahiro_derrick Do you need hands on support in forming a content partnership in your community? Good news! Wikimedia Sverige has announced the upcoming Helpdesk of the Content Partnerships Hub.

5 Likes

Oh wauu interesting

Hi, I have moved the posts related to IP blocks in editathons to their own topic. Please continue that discussion there:

2 Likes