Share Your Feedback: Leadership Development Plan

Hi Everyone,

The Leadership Development Working Group (LDWG) invites you to give feedback on the Leadership Development Plan, a practical resource for emerging and existing leaders across the Wikimedia movement who want to develop themselves and others. Your feedback is important to make this resource relevant and useful. We look forward to your general reactions, constructive feedback and ideas for improvement. You can give feedback through the survey, MS Forum, LDWG talk page or email at leadershipworkinggroup@wikimedia.org. The review period closes on Sunday May 28, 2023.

9 Likes

@CCasares_WMF,
I have read the Leadership Develpment Plan and I think it is more than what I expect. The Leadership Development Working Group is doing a tremendous work. The plan covers almost everything one needs to know about leadership. Most especially how the guidelines were divided into three major sections: "Understanding Leadership roles & skills; Navigating Leadership Situation; and how to counter or minimize such situations - “Starting a Leadership Development Initiative”. I am really impressed with this plan and I believe every Wikimedian, from leaders to common editors, need to ingest these guidelines for an uptimum leadership system across Wikimedia projects.
Best regards,
Bashir

6 Likes

It is with appreciation that I read the Leadership Development Plan which aims to provide knowledge to emerging and existing leaders across the Wikimedia movement who want to develop themselves and others.

Indeed, it is very important that leaders have solid knowledge to share for the progress of the Wikimedia movement. Many of the leaders fail to reach the top of the target due to the lack of resources necessary for their references.

Among other things, we observed constraints of lack of resources related to the language, some of the languages ​​are more developed in resources, mainly English, since other languages ​​have a lack of resources.

The Leadership Development Plan will assist in the growth and development of leaders in particular and the Wikimedia movement in general. A big up to the Leadership Development Working Group, the work is more appreciated.

Gilbert Ndihokubwayo

3 Likes

Hola! Thank you so much for your feedback :slight_smile: We will be adding our comment to our feedback list.

2 Likes

This is a step in the right direction! i particularly love the leadership skills self-assessment.

4 Likes