Say hello!

, , , , ,

Hello,
My name is Joris Darlington Quarshie, I am currently based in Ghana. I do speak English and Akan. I am currently the community lead for the African Wikimedia Technical Community formally the African Wikimedia Developers Community. One fun fact: Food is way of connecting with me easily.

12 Likes

Hello I am Aliyu Yusuf from Nigeria,I speak English, and hausa.
I have worked on and in different projects and my interests about all sister project.
Thank you.

12 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am Julia Brungs and I am based in Helsinki (I am German but lived in many countries before ending up in Finland). I work as the community relations person for the Wikimedia Foundation Advancement Department.

11 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Just chatting

Hi! My name is Emily and I am the Senior Research Community Officer on the Research team at the Wikimedia Foundation. I am based in Houston, Texas. My focus is on supporting and growing the global community of researchers who do work on or related to the Wikimedia projects. I enjoy meeting researchers and learning about the diversity of work in this space. I am particularly interested in understanding what barriers new researchers face.

8 Likes

Mbalamusiza nnyo ba ssebo neba nnyabo, mugyebale. Erinnya nze Alice Kibombo era nva Uganda…ntera okwetaba ku mukutu gwa English Wikipedia era nsanyuse okubasisinkana ku mutimbagano guno…

12 Likes

@AKibombo and anyone else reading this. We are very sorry for the “500 error” that appears when requesting the automatic translation of your message. The problem is that the Google Translate API doesn’t support Lugandan yet. :confused:

They support it on their website:

Hello ladies and gentlemen, thank you. My name is Alice Kibombo and I am from Uganda…I frequent English Wikipedia and I am happy to meet you on this site.

10 Likes

Habari, Mimi ni Eben Mlay. Natokea Arusha, Tanzania na ni mwanzilishi wa kundi la Wikimedians of Arusha User Group.

Nina furaha kujumuika nanyi nyote.

11 Likes

Hello everyone :slight_smile: My name is Chitraparna Sinha & I support the South Asian communities as part of the Movement Strategy and Governance team. I speak/write Bangla, Hindi, and English, and have a basic understanding of Nepali, Urdu, Punjabi, Tibetic, Assamese, Maithili, and Bhojpuri languages.

@YShibata_WMF : I learned that Japanese and Bangla languages have similar structures, grammar and expression-wise…how wonderful is that!

12 Likes

Hi All,
This is Anupam Dutta from Kolkata, India… I speak Bengali, English and a little German. I love to contribute to Wikipedia and interact with you all. Hope to meet some of you in person someday…

10 Likes

Hola! Soy Iván y vivo en la Ciudad de México, México. Mi lengua nativa es el español, he aprendido inglés, un poco de portugués y lo muy básico de náhuatl, catalán y francés. Soy administrador en Wikipedia en español y editor frecuente de Commons y Wikidata, voluntario en Wikimedia México e integrante del Wikimania Steering Committee. Un dato curioso sobre mi es que soy también compositor de canciones, muy recientemente :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Hello my name is Ruby D-Brown from Ghana. I am with Open Foundation West Africa Community. I speak English. Am happy to be here.

14 Likes

嗨嗨 大家好 地球好~~~
我是台灣維基媒體分會的國際事務交流專員 Joyce,在2019年從參與Wikidata x GLAM計畫接觸危機,並在2021年正式成為台灣維基媒體協會的員工。

15 Likes

Hi My name is N Jeannette Rebecca! from Rwanda, Co-founder Wikimedia user group Rwanda my role is community outreach and partnerships and I am active in various Wikimedia projects as well as election volunteer in WMF . I speak Kinyarwanda, Swahili and English.
I’m happy to join movement strategy forum

14 Likes

Greetings to everyone! I’m glad to be part of this forum.

My name is Aleksandar. I’m from Serbia. My mother tongue is Serbo-Croatian, and I speak English very well (I hope).

I mostly contribute to the projects written in Serbo-Croatian varieties. I’m an administrator on Serbian Wikipedia and Wiktionary, and autopatrolled on bs.WP, sh.WP, Meta-Wiki and MediaWiki.

Looking forward to working with you! :smiley:

14 Likes

Hello,
My name is Sadik Shahadu from Ghana. I am the Executive Director for the Dagbani Wikimedians User Group. I have been coordinating Movement Strategy activities for the Dagbani Wikimedians and the Wikimedia Language Diversity Hub.
I enjoy swimming.

12 Likes

こんにちは、ユーザー名「温厚知新」です。日本語を話し、他の言語はほとんどわかりません。会話はあまり上手ではないので、見ているだけのことが多いです。私でも出来ることがあるのなら、及ばずながら、お力添えを出来たらいいと思っています。

12 Likes

Hi, everyone! I am Maggie Dennis and volunteer under the name Moonriddengirl. I live in the east coat of the United States. I speak English and nothing else with fluency to brag about. I’ve been studying Spanish for several years and am still pathetically bad at it. Those of you who speak multiple languages astonish me! I work for the Foundation as the vice president of Community Resilience & Sustainability (CR&S). The Movement Strategy & Governance team are part of CR&S. A fun fact. Hmm. I’ve written over 400 articles on English Wikipedia. I don’t volunteer much these years, but I plan to when I retire. :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Hola a todes! Hello everyone!

Soy Mariana Fossatti, y participo editando Wikipedia en Español y otros proyectos desde hace casi diez años, con mi usuaria Señoritaleona. Soy parte del Grupo de Usuarios Wikimedistas de Uruguay y parte de la vibrante comunidad latinoamericana.

En paralelo, soy parte del equipo de Whose Knowldge?, una organización y UG de Wikimedia centrada en la justicia del conocimiento y la descolonización del saber en Wikipedia y otros proyectos. Desde 2018 co-coordino la campaña de imágenes #VisibleWikiWomen, para visibilizar a las mujeres y personas no-binarias en Wikipedia.

Algo curioso: mi nombre de usuaria viene de un cuento fantástico del escritor uruguayo Horacio Quiroga.

15 Likes