Leadership Development Working Group

this is good to hear, @Mrb_Rafi . what is the current status of your efforts? thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @Sm8900,
Thanks a lot for your interest.
Here’s a new survey from the ldwg, if you think you fall under one of the four categories, please fill it out.

2 Likes

@Mrb_Rafi , thanks, but I never fill out surveys. I’m not opposed to the concept, I simply never fill them out. I do appreciate all of your work, and your helpful note above. thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for your response, @Sm8900. I respect your preference and opinion.
The fact is, we are now focusing on our second goal, the leadership development plan. For that, we need to understand what the people connected to the leadership of the movement thinks about their work and the leadership itself. We’ll then collate the survey outcomes and include those insights in our leadership development plan. That’s the latest update from the group.

1 Like

ok, but I’m sorry, wuth all respect, my own personal opinion is that I feel that any generalized mass survey, and any results from that survey, are of no significance at all, if it pertains to methods and strategies to reach specific goals in regards to specific areas and items. I hope you don’t mind a few open and honest, but hopefully tactful, questions. can you please tell me why you see any validity in the results of a mass survey at all? wouldn’t an actual discussion p-rocess be much better? I hope you don’t mind my questions, @Mrb_Rafi . thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Sm8900,

Thanks a lot for your responses and questions. I didn’t mind at all!

Yes, I also agree with you that a discussion process is crucial for collecting data and feedback from the community, but there are some limitations.
I’m not sure if you have worked on Qualitative and Quantitative data before. An on/off-wiki discussion provides only qualitative data with some limitations. Those discussions don’t include anyone, specially our target audience from the underrepresented communities. You’ll notice that we’ve included both quantitative and qualitative questions in this survey. Both of these types have statistical significance to study on a target population. Just a discussion will get responses from just a handful of people from particular leading communities, they are of course important, but just depending on that will make our study distorted and skewed towards the viewpoint of some particular communities. You’ll also notice that, when possible, anyone is welcome to start a real wiki-type constructive discussion on any platform on ldwg topics, we want that very thing; and I would specially thank you for starting several constructive and fruitful discussions throughout the whole time.

Discussion and surveys, both are crucial for us to get an overview of the globally distributed Wikimedia community.

1 Like