Just chatting

さすが、柴田さん。
日本ではドストエフスキーДостое́вскийがとても人気がありますね。
My best is Eugine Onegin by Pushkin. His youngness and foolishnes is very tragic.

3 Likes

Yeah, and I found this - there is a lot of similarity between Japanese and Tamil languages. Not sure about other Indic languages though. Also, Hindi is not similar to English :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad to know “families” in your erea! :notes: Chitra, you’re super smart mastering such different type languages! Why not chanllenge Chinese :earth_asia:?

How well does the translator here handle Yoruba (which is listed at https://translate.google.com/)? I don’t see Efik there.

Not many people have written Yoruba on this forum yet, but google translates Yoruba fairly well, but not all the time 100%. Also, google usually doesn’t use diacritic marks which may affect the intelligibility of very complex words…but its typically not a big problem.

1 Like

Nnam abụm onye ọhụụ biko Gina ka ọgbako a n’akọwa

3 Likes

I am a volunteer please what is this place all about

1 Like

Hi @Akwugo ! I see you found your way to Forum interface available in Igbo language

Welcome!

1 Like

Looking at @Zend2020 comment on the welcome thread, looks like the Yoruba translation is bad if the original text isn’t appropriately marked :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, okay

@Nealmcb , nice to meet you here!!

Привіт Nastjaiv! Желаю успехов тебе. Будем на связи. :волна:

let me just openly state how glad I am to see this topical thread, and how important and valuable I feel it is. I have been asked to not make general affirmations of support on more specifiic topical threads; I am totally glad to adhere to that. however, i think it is also highly valuable, directly for this site’s work, to have a thread such as this one, where folks can simply chat, and develop some sense of this site, how it works, its features, and the other users who participate here.

2 Likes

Hello Isaac!
Nice to see you here!

1 Like

Mr Rafi :grinning:
Nice to meet you here

2 Likes

welcome, Jon!! we are really glad that you’re here. your efforts sound exemplary. we can sure use your input here for our community. thanks for joining!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you dear Aliyu.
Glad to know you!

Gilbert Ndihokubwayo

1 Like

Aski urukipan kullakanaka jilatanaka. Kunjamastasa? Najay Alhenatua. Nayaj Wikipediya yatiqiritwa.

2 Likes

I just said: Good morning women and men. How are you? I’m Alhen. I’m an editor on Wikipedia.

Though Aymara is recognized by Google, I’m curious to know what writing it recognizes because although there’s a writing system recognized by the government of Bolivia, teachers (yatichiris) still use the same writing system they used when they learned to write Aymara. I’m sure this is the case for many other languages.

2 Likes

Thanks dear Chinwendu Peace for you message
I’m glad to now you

All the best!

Gilbert Ndihokubwayo

3 Likes