Content Partnership Hub

The Movement Strategy & Governance News - Issue #7 covered the launch of a Helpdesk by Content Partnership Hub:

• Stakeholders coordination: launch of a helpdesk for Affiliates and volunteer communities working on content partnership. (continue reading)

In case you’re interested to explore further, there is a Wikimania session about the Helpdesk:

Interested to learn more from folks driving this initiative – I see @John_Andersson_WMSE from Wikimedia Sverige and @Bodhisattwa from the Content Partnership Hub Expert Committee here, feel free to share more about this work and how the global Wikimedia community could engage!

2 Likes

this idea sounds highly interesting. I’d be interested to discuss this further. below is a link to the page for this proposal.

Excerpt from the proposal for this:

The Content Partnerships Hub is a proposed Wikimedia hub, for affiliates and volunteers who are interested in working with partners across the world, to make content freely available on the Wikimedia platforms. The Wikimedia Strategic Direction establishes that by 2030 “Wikimedia will become the essential infrastructure of the ecosystem of free knowledge.” But our movement cannot succeed in isolation. We need to work with friends, movements, existing and potential partners across the globe, if we want to make the Wikimedia platforms the obvious choice for making knowledge free and available.

The Content Partnerships Hub aims to improve the Wikimedia movement’s work with content partners by providing new services, missing infrastructure and support coordination efforts. Exactly what this work will entail will be decided in an inclusive way together with the stakeholders in the Wikimedia movement.

Currently, the hub is experimenting through rapid testing, evaluation and adaptation on how hands-on support can be provided to volunteers and affiliates; how networks, knowledge gathering and capacity building can be improved and developed; how new opportunities with international content partners can be co-created and executed on; and how technical and knowledge barriers can be removed to bring large amounts of high value content online over time.

The initiative is based on the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations. In close collaboration with volunteers and Wikimedia organisations from across the world, we want to experiment on what a thematic hub within the Wikimedia movement could look like, and what the tasks could include.

Stay up to date[edit | edit source]

You can read monthly updates from the Content Partnerships Hub in the This Month in GLAM newsletter. Older reports can be found in the archive.

tagging @RamzyM_WMF . can we please discuss this further? thanks.

More than happy to! I see that the Helpdesk has a detail on how you can be engaged further with the process here: Content Partnerships Hub/Helpdesk - Meta

In the meantime, if you’re active on Phabricator as well you could check out their public workboard: WMSE-Content-partnerships-support-2021-Helpdesk · Workboard

I’m pinging a few of WMSE folks I know here if they would be interested to provide further updates about this initiative: @Eric_Luth_WMSE @Sandra_Fauconnier_WMSE @Tore_Danielsson_WMSE @John_Andersson_WMSE

こんにちは。
藪から棒に申し訳ないのですが、コンテンツ(Content)は「内容」だと思っていたのですが、vector2022 で TOC は記事の外に出されました。このトピックの Content は、学習分野・姉妹プロジェクト・あるいは別のこと、なにを指していますか。
前もって感謝します。Thx.

@温厚知新 , it refers to the actual content of articles that are on the encyclopedia. this distinguishes this hub from other hubs which are centered around reaching entire communities that are defined by geography, or by certain specific personal attributes, such as ethnicity, gender, nationality, etc.