Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) and Central Asia (CA) Strategy Talk

(To add or correct a translation of this post, click the “Edit” button below.)

EN: This conversation is open to anyone interested in Movement Strategy topics in the context of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) and Central Asia (CA). You can ask or comment on anything! You are encouraged to do this in your preferred local language. Links to news or discussions relevant to our region are also welcome. You can find more regional topics on #central-asia-and-central-and-eastern-europe.

KY: Бул маек Борбордук жана Чыгыш Европа (БЧЕ) жана Борбордук Азия (БА) контекстиндеги Кыймыл Стратегиясынын темаларына кызыккандардын бардыгы үчүн ачык. Сиз каалаган нерсени сурасаңыз же комментарий бере аласыз! Бул жерде өзүңүз каалаган жергиликтүү тилде жазсаңыз болот. Биздин аймакка тиешелүү жаңылыктардын же талкуулардын шилтемелерин бөлүшсөңүз болот. Аймак жөнүндөгү темаларды #central-asia-and-central-and-eastern-europe тэги боюнча окуй аласыз.

RU: Это обсуждение открыто для всех, кто интересуется Стратегией движения в контексте Центральной и Восточной Европы (ЦВЕ) и Центральной Азии (ЦА). Комментируйте и задавайте вопросы по интересующим вас темам на предпочитаемом вами языке! Приветствуются ссылки на новости и обсуждения, связанные с нашим регионом. Вы можете найти региональные темы с тэгом: #central-asia-and-central-and-eastern-europe.

UA: Ця бесіда відкрита для всіх, хто цікавиться Стратегією вікіруху — у контексті Центральної та Східної Європи (ЦСЄ) та Центральної Азії (ЦА). Ви можете запитувати та коментувати щодо будь-яких тем! І ми запрошуємо вас робити це вашою рідною мовою. Також діліться посиланнями на новини чи дискусії, пов’язані з нашим регіоном. Ви можете знайти більше регіональних тем за #[central-asia-and-central-and-eastern-europe.

BS/HR/SR: Ovaj razgovor je otvoren za sve one koji su zainteresovani za teme Strategije pokreta u kontekstu Centralne i Istočne Evrope (CEE) i Centralne Azije (CA). Možete pitati ili komentarisati bilo šta! Ohrabrujemo vas da pišete na svom maternjem jeziku. Linkovi ka vestima ili diskusijama relevantnim za naš region su takođe dobrodošli. Više regionalnih tema možete pronaći na #central-asia-and-central-and-eastern-europe.

5 Likes

Hi there. I’m Aida, from Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan). I’ve joined the Movement Strategy and Governance team late last year. My colleagues working on the CEE and CA region and I will be glad to be of any help for your work. Please feel free to use this space to share information and ask any questions related to Movement Strategy. Even if I do not have the response to a question you are looking for, someone else from the Movement will be able to get back to you here.

In the meantime, this weekend (24, 25 and 26 June) Global Conversations event on regional and thematic hubs are happening. We will share the results of these conversations here after the event.

Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Revisions Committee is accepting your feedback on the identified priority areas of the UCoC Enforcement Guidelines to improve the document.

2 Likes

Re-sharing an update by @Natalia_Szafran-Kozakowska_WMPL about the currently ongoing Volunteer Supporters Network 2022 project.

Check out the Meta page of Volunteer Supporters Network project and you will find very useful resources about Motivation and appreciation, Reach and engagement, Impact and evaluation, among others. @Natalia_Szafran-Kozakowska_WMPL I took the liberty to share the link to resources here :slight_smile: . Thank you!

2 Likes

Re-sharing information about a project by @Kiril_Simeonovski concerning “Initiatives in Underrepresented Communities”

The project aims to identify the best methods and approaches for developing capacities for sustaining the Aromanian and Balkan Romani Wikipedias. In addition, the project will also identify and explore ways to enable people with hearing loss who use Macedonian Sign Language to contribute to the Wikimedia projects. Reach out to him if you are interested in the project!

1 Like

The project has been submited here – Capacity development for underrepresented communities

The total sum is 19 752 USD (18 100 EUR) and is scheduled to run from 1 June 2020 and end on 31 January 2023.

1 Like

In line with the movement strategy recommending regional hubs to resource and coordinate capacity building and other efforts in a region, we are setting up a Wikimedia CEE Hub. Please join us if interested!

2 Likes

I was interested in finding out about the participation of CA affiliates in the work of the Wikimedia CEE Hub, would you mind sharing your opinion on this please? I am currently in Kyrgyzstan and will be meeting with the representatives of Wikimedians of Uzbek language User Group as well as Wikimedia Community of Kazakh language User Group. If there is anything I can help you with informing them while here in-person, I’d be happy to do so.

1 Like

Dear Wikimedians,

I would like to remind you that the deadline of the call for submissions for the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022 is approaching and closes on 31 July. If you plan to attend the conference and would like to share your learning and experience with the other Wikimedians from the CEE communities, you can follow the instructions on the submissions page to submit your session proposal.

Best regards,
Kiril

4 Likes

From June 24-26 dedicated team members of the MSG team organised Global Hub Conversations event for anyone interested in the hubs’ conversation. The purpose of the event was to improve shared understanding of the implications of piloting the hubs by

• facilitating agreement on the previously published draft minimum viable criteria to enable piloting, and
  • using the space to discuss concerns and share the different points of view.

The report of June 24-26 Global Hub Conversations has been published by @KVaidla_WMF on meta (Hubs/Documentation/June 2022 Global Conversations - Meta) and ready for your reading and comments.

The report with key agreements, open questions and next steps is available here on the forum.

1 Like

A couple of days ago, Wikimedia Foundation published its Annual Plan for FY 2022/2023

We invite your reflections and questions at any time on Meta . (Read more on Diff)

2 Likes

Together with @AAkhmedova_WMF and @BPipal_WMF we have submitted a workshop proposal for the upcoming CEE Meeting – Movement Strategy Grants Co-creation workshop.

Our proposal aims to introduce people to the idea of the Movement Strategy Implementation Grants. We also plan to help people with the process of co-creation and brainstorming, which allows small groups (even unknown before), to start creating something useful for the entire group and the community to which this group serves.

2 Likes

Wikimania 2022 is just around the corner! Have you registered yet? The program is available here.

On day 1 we invite you to join the Movement Strategy: Lightning talks with Toni Ristovski (Shared Knowledge), Ivana Madžarević (Wikimedia Serbia), and Natalia Szafran-Kozakowska (Wikimedia Polska) at 10:35-11:25 UTC. (There will be part 2 and part 3 on different days).

Some of the sessions organized by CEE friends that might be of interest to you:

[Please check the details of the above mentioned sessions as they are spread throughout 11-14 August]

I love that there are also corporeal practices such as Meditação do Riso (Laughter meditation) :heart_eyes:. Don’t forget to make some space and move :wink:

1 Like

Wikimedians of the Year 2022 have been announced during the Wikimania weekend. Check them out!

Re-sharing a reminder about the CEE Meeting 2022 posted by Zana Strkovska on WM CEE Telegram group:

“The deadline for registration is tonight. We need everyone to be registered, even self-funded participants”. Please use this link for official registration.

Dear Wikimedians of the CEE and CA communities!

The UCoC Revisions Committee has published a revised version of the Enforcement Guidelines. You are invited to give your feedback and comment on this version from September 8, 2022 until October 8, 2022. You may share yours on the Meta Talk page, on the MS Forum, or during the conversation hour.

:speech_balloon: The conversation hour for the CEE and CA, Africa and the Middle East will take place on 2022-09-24T15:00:00Z. Live interpretation into Russian, French and Arabic will be provided. The calls will not be recorded. Participation via video or audio is not required; participants may engage using text chat.

:paintbrush: To participate please sign up here.

Wikimedia Research Fund: If you are a Wikimedia researcher or you are interested in becoming one, you can apply for research funds (USD 2K-50K) until December 16, 2022. While all research proposals related to Wikimedia projects are welcome, we particularly encourage research studies on medium to small size languages and communities, as well as in low resourced languages and projects. You can even propose to repeat a past study in a given language in another language!

More info at Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Research & Technology Fund/Wikimedia Research Fund - Meta.

Apply by December 16, 2022 and/or spread the word!

2 Likes

Dear all, the MCDC will start the community consultation to gather feedback on the three drafts sections of the Charter from November 20 to December 18, 2022. Before the community consultation period, to ensure that everyone is well-informed to fully participate and are empowered to contribute their perspective on the Movement Charter, “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” sessions have been scheduled.

The session for Europe, MENA and Sub Saharan Africa will take place this week on 2022-11-12T15:00:00Z2022-11-12T16:30:00Z :left_speech_bubble: Interpretation available in Arabic, French and Russian.

During the session the MCDC members will be available to answer your questions. Looking forward to seeing many of you this Saturday!

Hi All,

As most of you are aware, the Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC) is currently collecting community feedback about three draft sections of the Movement Charter: Preamble, Values & Principles, and Roles & Responsibilities (intentions statement).

How can you participate and share your feedback?

The MCDC is looking forward to receiving all types of feedback in different languages from the community members across the Movement and Affiliates. You can participate in the following ways:

• Attend the community conversation hour focused on the CEE and CA region, which takes place on November 26, 2022 at 15.00-16.30 UTC (check your local time zone). Details of the regional community conversation hours are published here
  • Fill out a survey (optional and anonymous)
  • Share your thoughts and feedback on the Meta talk page
  • Share your thoughts and feedback on the MS Forum:
  • Send an email to: movementcharter@wikimedia.org if you have other feedback to the MCDC.
    Thank you for your participation.

On behalf of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee

A summary of the CEE Meeting written by @Kiril_Simeonovski was posted on Diff today!

1 Like

Reminder to provide feedback on the Movement Charter content

Hi all,
The Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC) invites everyone interested in the governance of the Wikimedia movement to fill out this :memo:optional and anonymous survey. The survey is accessible in 15 languages.

If you have questions about the Movement Charter and why it is needed, what will the Movement Charter solve in the Movement and how will the Movement Charter affect your community, among others, please read the FAQ prepared by the MCDC.

Thank you for your participation!
On behalf of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee