Twitter.com >> Fediverse: Mastodon + others

Twitter.com >> Fediverse: Mastodon + others…

Twitter has been problematic over many issues and frustrating to many users on many occasions, but with Elon Musk taking over it seem that many are finally moving to alternatives. Fediverse is not just a single host alternative but an open standard and system based on multiple options of interconnected servers that can federate each other.

If you are Twitter user consider opting to more sustainable and resilient FLOSS options in Fediverse spectrum and share your contact from there!

If you are experienced with Fediverse consider sharing tips and tricks on what you find is different and more adequate for Wikimedia then with Twitter.

2 Likes

Andi Inácio you might be interested to share experiences first as informed user :wink:
*(only two of us mentioned Fediverse in Forum)

Some historical context that might or might not be useful at this point: ⚓ T198363 Consider ways to integrate with federated social networks

Eu preciso dessas dicas! Ainda estou lá no Twitter (plataforma onde fui feliz e que me ofereceu muitas redes e alianças, confesso) acompanhando as mudanças somente como observadora. Preciso migrar para o Fediverso em breve. Obrigada, @Zblace.

1 Like

this sounds highly useful. I actually don’t know anything about Fediverse, but I would like to learn. can anyone please assist, witht some basic info? or could you please post a link of where I can learn some basic details? right now, I don’t even know which website I should look at. tagging @Zblace , @Qgil-WMF @TCappelletto_WMF . thanks.

1 Like

try Wikipedia articles linked in original post and maybe search for entry level intro like this or videos? not sure what is your ideal way of learning

2 Likes

There is an interesting discussion on Wikimedia-l mailing list starting about Fediverse: Mozilla's social media pledge - Wikimedia-l - lists.wikimedia.org

IMHO (by far) the cutest intro to federated universe : FEDIVERSE https://fediverse.info

2 Likes

Fofo demais mesmo :dog::cat::unicorn: viva a ternura.

2 Likes

Here is a good article with some analysis of the future ahead.

As of now, Mastodon has almost 9 million users. The most remarkable thing for me is the possible interconnection between the networks - you can already follow the analogues of Twitter, Instagram, blogs, GoodReads and many other social media activities using a single account.

2 Likes

Meanwhile … ActivityPub Plugin - plugin - Discourse Meta

1 Like