Forum Weekly Report

Great questions, @Sm8900.

My objective for posting these update is to provide the community with transparency and visibility into how things are going on the Forum; some of this data is not accessible to non-admins.

As for the Foundation’s stance regarding this Forum: it is my understanding at this time is that as long as this Forum adds value to the global discussions of Movement Strategy among communities, then we are supported in keeping it going. If there are “red flags” that the community raises that we cannot address or reconcile - primarily around privacy and safety issues - then we should pause until we can fix them. If participation languishes or diminishes, then we will also re-evaluate the Forum’s usefulness. However, if it continues to be a place where people can collaborate across regions and languages - even if it’s not everyone - and advance the Movement Strategy together, then we have a good basis for the Foundation’s continued support.

Before the end of the community review (probably some time next week), my colleague @RMaung_WMF will share a proposal for evaluating the success of the Forum based on some measurable outcomes. She’ll be sharing it in this topic and we welcome feedback and suggestions/ideas in response to her post.