noGLAMorɚ - CSOs in culture (hybrid workshop on Wikidata+Wikispore+… practice)

In last two years I was promoting Wikimedia work on Civil Society Organizations - CSOs, also known as NGOs - non-governmental organizations *(WMF and Affiliates are also CSOs). I did this mostly to try to compensate for the lack of understanding and visibility of many Civil Society entities (organizations, projects, people, events…) by advocacy and education, but also to introduce Wiki-Making as practice to those who are involved in context specific situated and communal knowledge practices (ideally lived and embodied experiences) rather then just having encyclopedic/wikipedian aspirations (global and encyclopedic).

I used Wikispore.org (our experimental project for new wiki content forms) and Wikidata for this and somewhat Wikipedias and sister projects. In 2021 it started with CSO in Human Rights and in 2022 the focus is Culture and Arts, for 2023 it will likely be Sport and Media…but almost anytime, any meaningful topic for contributions and partnerships that leads to research and development is most welcome!

In last 9 months *(with WMF RapidGrant) I managed to initiate a project in Crroatia with national network of CSO in (non-institutional and youth) culture and arts called Clubture.org as a pilot/test work and part of their 20 year anniversary documentation work (mid term report). Now as we approach the end of project we would like to present and scale up this discourse to others working or interested to work in these theme, be it on Wikidata, Commons, Wikispore, Wikivoyage or even Wikipedia (likely most conservative content-wise).

You can check some aspects of work and join our efforts on Wikidata
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_CSO_cultural_networks
while we still consolidate work on Wikispore, Commons, Wikipedia and Wikivoyage.

Our first public presentation will be in a workshop of WM CEE Meeting in Ohrid and online, so please consider to register and attend

…or if interested just get in touch here!

4 Likes

REMINDER:
One week from first hybrid workshop!

• Day: Friday, 14 October
  • Time: 12:00-13:30 UTC for onliners or locally in Ohrid 14:00-13:30 CEST

UPDATE:
We also work on second one in November as part of Wikidata 10th birthday activities.
Hope to do one also in December and January.

2 Likes

We will use BBB for online participants so that collaboration in sound and with visuals is also an option https://bbb.constantvzw.org/html5client/join?sessionToken=7csxchjwsbrcuhkf

1 Like

I’m excited to join but getting “Unauthorized. Session not found. #401” for that link.

1 Like

@FRomeo_WMF @Zuz_WMF @BPipal_WMF @Qgil-WMF should work now. Link is Zblace

4 Likes

@Zblace and @Petra thank you for the workshop.

3 Likes

Sorry for technical problems. We will have recording and follow ups hopefully soon.

3 Likes

Recording is available and we could do a follow-up +
the next workshop online as soon as next weekend

3 Likes

Obrigada pela atualização aqui compartilhando o vídeo! :star_struck:

One of the practical follow-ups is announced as

1 Like

Forgot to self-promote next edition here and
… as going live on Wikimania in 40minutes https://eventyay.com/e/3171/cfs/session/8363
Should be live streamed on YouTube
and this is link is main Etherpad !

1 Like